The 4th Youth Science and Technology Leadership Camp (YSTLC 2019) will be held from August 11 through August 17, 2019 in the Chicagoland area.
- Eligibility: 8th – 12th Junior high and high school students
- Fees: $2,500
- Fees cover lodging, meals, camp programs, hotels, tours, etc. at the camp site. Airfare to Chicago is NOT included
- $200 off for family of KSEA members (join or renew at https://www.ksea.org/join.aspx)
- $100 off for two or more applicants from the same family (ex. total for two applicants from the same family will be $2,300 x 2 – $100 = $4,500 for KSEA members, $2,500 x 2 – $100 = $4,900 for non-members)
- Application: Online at http://ystlc.ksea.org/
- A non-refundable $300 deposit is due at the time of registration.
- Deadline: June 30th, 2019 or until 20 spots are filled
Highlights of YSTLC 2019 include:
- Meeting with 2013 Nobel Laureate Dr. Lars Peter Hansen
- Team Project and Career Development Session
- Academic Campus and Research Lab Tours – University of Chicago and Northwestern University International Institute for Nanotechnology
- National Lab Tours – Fermilab and Argonne National Laboratory
- Industry Tour – AbbVie (Biopharmaceutical Company)
- US-Korea Conference (UKC) 2019 Sessions
- Excursion to downtown Chicago
- Scholarship awards to select students who successfully complete the program
- $200 fee discount for family of KSEA members
In addition, we are excited to offer this year’s participants a chance to compete for a paid research internship position in the Physics Department at the University of Texas in Arlington in Summer 2020. This is an exclusive opportunity available to YSTLC 2019 participants only. See Program>YSTLC Research Internship for more information.